the world's a stage

October 28, 2006

grooving to the music

Just danced for 2 straight hours last night at the party. I never danced for that long in front of a lot of people whom I don't or barely even know. IT.WAS.FUN! We had to dance because no one else wanted to and it was our party.

Free dancing started at around 9.30 pm and ended at 11 pm but Mau and I started dancing at around 9 am, or even earlier. Talk about being hyper. We were even shouting at the top of our lungs when Cookies and Cream started playing Doobidoobidoo. Haha After that, I swear I thought I would lose my voice.

Speaking of Cookies and Cream, they're so funny! Their encore performance was scripted. They told us (the ones they know) to scream "More! More!" after they sing 3 songs. So we did. Then, the vocalist (I think it was Kuya Mich) said something like, "Dahil malakas naman ang St. Scho samin, sige tutugtog pa kami." Then they played 2 more songs. Haha Funny. I think they're good enough to play 2 more songs. Even if it was scripted. Haha

The party was, to tell the truth, a bit boring. Not a lot of people came. I found the free dancing fun. But I know it wasn't for those who didn't care and just sat on their chairs watching while we grooved to the music. KJ! It would have been fun if they joined. Even if I had my back and my legs aching so much, I didn't care. And one thing I realized, I actually know how to party!

do we still mean what we say?

I noticed something. Ever phone has this thing called templates where messages are already typed for you, ready to be sent to anyone. These messages include "I'm in a meeting. Call me later."; "Happy Birthday"; "Thank You"; "Take Care"; and even "I Love You."

With all these things, do we still mean what we say? Yes, it makes things easier for us, but does this mean that we can't spend even a little time to type these things? When we spend time for things, it means it's important to us, right? Of course, not everyone uses these templates. I don't even open them. But it still makes me think if people still mean what they say.

What if you send one template to someone like, perhaps, "I Love You" then of course, that someone would be happy but do you really mean it? Or would you just say, "Sus! galing lang naman sa templates yan eh!"

Hmmm...I still believe that people still mean what they say. Galing pa sa kaibuturan ng puso. Pero, sana nga totoo ang pinaniniwlaan ko.

one blog rule

I read this one from Candy. It says, "Be OC about grammar and spelling. Sure, blogs aren't for English class, but you've got to stick to the rules. There's nothing more annoying than reading a blog where all the words are spelled text-style."

True. I seriously hate reading blogs in text-style mode. It hurts my eyes. Especially when in tagalog, the "ko" suddenly becomes "q" and words with "sy" and ks" suddenly becomes "x." I mean, grammar wise, correct spelling must come first. If you forget about the subject-verb agreement or of you've done the crime of dangling mondifiers, fine. But at least spell words correctly.

But one advice, there are lots of OC people reading blogs (which includes me, though sometimes I know my grammar sucks too) and when WE read your blogs, we check for grammar. And, pray to God we haven't done this to your blog, we laugh at them if they really suck. Especially those who are poor in English. You don't have to blog in English if you can't express yourself well. Stick to Tagalog. It's better that way than if you post something in English which is totally beyond repair when it comes to grammar. Believe me, if you're someone who can't define the difference between peas and piss, and doesn't know when and where to place proper punctuation marks, spare yourself from being someone's laughingstock.

shock absorber

I've been someone's shock absorber lately. In Karmin's words, "Toilet bowl ka kasi!" Ang sarap maging sukahan ng sama ng loob. Haha Seriously, it feels good to be able to help one person lighten his/her load which s/he has been carrying inside.

Alam ko rin ang pakiramdam ng sumusuka ng mga sama ng loob. I had my own toilet bowl once. And...never mind. I might start telling what happened after, which is a different story. Haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home