the world's a stage

November 03, 2006

blog make-over

As you can see, my blog went on a major make-over. I just got tired of my last lay-out and so, I've decided to change it. It's something new. I don't know why but I've been into vintage and retro stuff lately. Actually, this skin wsn't my first choice. I had another one but much to my disappointment, it only works for the movable type. It's black and white with this woman who looks like those from the vintage advertisements. It was so nice! It really had that certain vintage feel into it. Well anyway, enough said. Since I couldn't use that, I just used this.

I actually had a hard time looking for another vintage-slash-retro skin because Blogskin really had a lot so I had to look into almost everything. I even tried looking into an Audrey Hepburn skin but, yeah, I didn't like any of them. They're good but not my type.

I spent around 2 days editing this thing so I hope you guys will like it. If not, well then, that's your problem and not mine.

sometimes, we become shits

When life gives us problems, we become depressed, we blame the world. We blame everything and everyone for the shit our lives have become. We blame our parents, friends, boyfriends, exes, pets...EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. THING. Thus, hurting them, as we think they've tried to hurt us. But hey, life just laughs at us for falling into its trap. It has successfully made us into a shit it wanted us to become.

Just the same, when life gives us success, we become arrogant, boastful. We like to be praised, praised and praised. We want to be the best. No one should ever beat us. It's as if we say to the whole world, "Adore me, I'm great, greater than all of you. Praise me. You can't do what I can." Though sometimes, in a subtle way. For us, it's either the world will love us or hate us. Who cares, right? We're still great no matter what. Congratulations, we've become life's greatest shits.

There are also times when we think who we are as we live will remain until we die. No changes, even with the bad traits. We have this mentality not to change for other people, which is true. So now, it becomes like this: "Accept me for who I am for I am like this. You can't change me. This is me. Love me for who I am, if you can't, go away." Think we shouldn't change, huh? Then we've become like shits, it stinks and it will stink forever.

We should change, if for the better. Not for the world, but for ourselves. We should be brave enough to change the things we can and accept the things we can't. We should also have the wisdom to know the difference, as St. Francis said.

These all just boils down to one thing, life turns us into shits and we allow it to happen. It's okay to become shitty. It's normal. But we need to clean ouselves up too. We can't be shits forever, can we? Whatever life has to offer us, let's accept it but never let life be successful into making us shits it wants us to become.

a thought to share

Zy sent this to me:

"I THINK PART OF THE REASON WHY WE HOLD ON TO SOMETHING SO TIGHT FOR SO LONG IS BECAUSE WE FEAR SOMETHING SO GREAT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN..."

True. So, so true.

Hmmm...I might keep this section in my blog. A thought to share. I think I will. I really, really think I will. Haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home